Is Your Skin Care Good Enough to Eat?
Eating right is a key component of care for our bodies, yet we typically pay little attention to the negative impacts of what we use on our skin. Our skin is the largest organ of our body and comes in contact daily with pollutants and bacteria. When we use soaps and lotions that are full of chemicals and preservatives we add to the problem.
Perhaps it is time to switch to handmade soaps that use organic, natural ingredients. We accomplish two things when we make the switch. First, we no longer add chemical pollutants to the largest of our organs. Second, we treat our skin to natural moisturizers and cleansers.
What’s in Your Soap? If you are using commercial soap you will likely find:
- Synthetic Scents
- Artificial Color
- And a variety of other chemical based ingredients
What’s Should Be in Your!! If you are using natural or organic soaps you’ll likely find:
- Organic, Natural, Healthy Oils
- Natural Scents from Organic or Natural Essential Oils
- Colors from Natural or Organic Botanicals.
There are other bonuses to consider:
- You’ll be supporting locally produced products and companies.
- You’ll be buying products produced in small batches by hand not machines.
- You’ll know that each bar is made with love by an Artisan.
- You’ll know that the residue of your bath or shower won’t go down the drain and tax the environment.
The next time you buy soap, consider Organic or Natural as the start place. After all, shouldn’t what you put on your bodies largest organ be as good as what you put in your body?